Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Losing well

When you're losing, it's tempting to play more riskily; you justify this to yourself by saying you don't have enough chips to play properly. The reasoning here is that if your gamble pays off, you'll have more chips to play with right away, and if your gamble fails, you'll soon have more chips to play with, once you've hit the felt and are able to reload. Many times, this actually turns out to be a good strategy; I've often turned my luck around after hitting the felt. However, it's extremely important to be able to end your session before hitting the felt. You won't do it every time you have the opportunity, but you need to be able to do it. Otherwise, you're just a slave to your impulses. I consider quitting early like this a form of losing well. Last night, I lost well by quitting after my set of tens lost to an ace high flush. I sensed it wasn't my night, and acted on that sense.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 34 hands and saw flop:
 - 1 out of 4 times while in big blind (25%)
 - 3 out of 5 times while in small blind (60%)
 - 17 out of 25 times in other positions (68%)
 - a total of 21 out of 34 (61%)
 Pots won at showdown - 1 of 4 (25%)
 Pots won without showdown - 1

delta: $-17,826
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,020,628
balance: $6,470,036

No comments:

Post a Comment