Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Worst AKo ever

Back on May 28th of this year, I wrote a post titled "Second worst AKo ever". Last night, I outdid myself; I had my worst AKo ever. I was dealt Ac Ks. When the flop came Qs Ah 9d, I bet $7,500, then went all in when one of the three big stacks at the table raised me to $36,500. I thought he was just trying to bully me. At showdown, he turned over Qh Ad for two pair, and won a pot worth $133,464. I lost a whopping $65,982 on the hand. That turned out to be the third largest single hand loss of my career.

Here's the thing. You have to go with your reads. There's no sense second-guessing yourself afterwards. I'm proud that I didn't back down.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 82 hands and saw flop:
 - 11 out of 12 times while in big blind (91%)
 - 8 out of 10 times while in small blind (80%)
 - 31 out of 60 times in other positions (51%)
 - a total of 50 out of 82 (60%)
 Pots won at showdown - 7 of 14 (50%)
 Pots won without showdown - 4

delta: $-84,635
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $5,297,542
balance: $7,654,495

1 comment:

  1. Hey Neo,
    Reads are the least important thing in poker. When you win a hand, you attribute it to your reads, but when you lose, you say it was only a one-time mistake. Reads work about as often as flipping a coin. Instead, try to focus on learning fundamentals and theory, which can never steer you wrong. If you want to learn more, I would be happy to teach you some theory. It involves bluffing though, so you'll need to incorporate that into your game. Good luck
    Thanks,
    Al

    ReplyDelete