Sunday, April 6, 2014

A new personal worst

Strange as it may seem, I get almost as excited about personal worsts as I do about personal bests. Why? For the simple reason that I find outliers fascinating, and both personal bests and personal worsts are a type of outlier. They don't happen every day. In fact, they almost don't happen any day. Almost :-)

Last night, I set a new personal worst. Adding my four failures to make the money last night to the six from the night before, I've now played ten tournaments in a row where I've failed to make the money. That's half a million play dollars lost in a mere two sessions. My previous personal worst in this category was nine tournaments in a row, which I set on three separate occasions.

Tonight, even though it's Sunday, when I traditionally take a night off from playing poker, I'm going to play. I can't wait to see how bad this slump will get until I break out of it. I'm actually kind of hoping it gets further extended :-)

buy_in entry_fee num_players num_hands place winnings

 45000      5000           6        13     5        0
 45000      5000           6        19     4        0
 45000      5000           6        37     3        0
 45000      5000           6         9     5        0


delta: $-200,000
tournament balance: $2,108,840
balance: $8,991,539

No comments:

Post a Comment