Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Second biggest cowboy laydown

The most memorable hand I played last night was not a hand I won. Nor was it a hand I lost. Rather, it was a hand I laid down, after spending a considerable amount of money on it. I'd been dealt pocket kings, also known as cowboys, and I spent $18,892 on them before letting them hit the trail. That made it the second biggest cowboy laydown of my career; the only bigger one occurred on June 11, 2013, when I spent $27,000 on cowboys before laying them down.

Since two players went to showdown on last night's hand, I was able to find out if I would have won the pot. As it turns out, I would have; the winner tabled a pair of queens. However, his betting pattern made folding the wise choice, and I don't regret it.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 73 hands and saw flop:
 - 8 out of 9 times while in big blind (88%)
 - 5 out of 10 times while in small blind (50%)
 - 26 out of 54 times in other positions (48%)
 - a total of 39 out of 73 (53%)
 Pots won at showdown - 4 of 9 (44%)
 Pots won without showdown - 10

delta: $1,908
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $5,844,502
balance: $8,902,205

No comments:

Post a Comment