Monday, July 21, 2014

Accentuate the positive

When you've played poker as long as I have, no matter how good your winning sessions to losing sessions ratio is, you're going to get a lot of practice at losing sessions. I recently surpassed 400 losing cash game sessions. That's over a calendar year of futility! One technique I use to help myself feel better about losing a session is to look for any positives I can take away from it. The positive I take away from last night's losing session is that the top six hands in terms of the absolute values of the deltas were all hands I won. I have a hunch that's a personal best for a losing session.

During current Stud session you were dealt 102 hands and:
- saw fourth street 76 times (74%)
- saw fifth street 69 times (67%)
- saw sixth street 52 times (50%)
- reached showdown 22 times (21%)
 Pots won at showdown - 10 of 22 (45%)
 Pots won without showdown - 6

delta: $-18,407
cash game 7 card stud balance: $61,550
balance: $10,147,284

No comments:

Post a Comment