Friday, July 4, 2014

Broadway bust

Broadway (an ace high straight) is a good hand to make, but you need to be careful with it. Last night, I made Broadway on the final hand of the session, but got busted with it, as I ran into a flush. I guess that qualifies as not being careful enough :-) I knew the table was playing pretty tight, so when an opponent went over the top of me on the turn, I should have folded. I just couldn't pull the trigger. That's one of the funny things about folding; it takes as much volition as any other betting action except for checking. That's why you have to pull the trigger to fold, just as you have to pull the trigger to bet, call, or raise. What this all boils down to is that there's more than one trigger to pull, and you have to pick the right one :-)

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 85 hands and saw flop:
 - 11 out of 13 times while in big blind (84%)
 - 5 out of 13 times while in small blind (38%)
 - 35 out of 59 times in other positions (59%)
 - a total of 51 out of 85 (60%)
 Pots won at showdown - 1 of 9 (11%)
 Pots won without showdown - 17

delta: $-50,000
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $6,802,919
balance: $9,860,622

No comments:

Post a Comment