Monday, July 14, 2014

Check swing home run

One of the most impressive baseball feats I ever saw was a check swing home run, accomplished by Red Sox slugger Jim Rice a long time ago. He had the sheer power to hit the ball out of the park without even taking a full swing at it. On Saturday night, I experienced a poker equivalent of sorts, except that the reason I won the pot had nothing to do with power, and everything to do with a surprising winning combination of inattention and stupidity. I was dealt rolled up sixes (in other words, my first two hole cards and my first up card were all sixes), and made a full house of sixes full of jacks on the river. Due to my inattention, I didn't notice that I'd made a full house, and thought I just had a set. Due to my stupidity, I called an $800 bet on the river when it was clear from his betting pattern that my opponent had a full house. Fortunately for me, not only did I also have one, but mine was better. I won a pot worth $17,280, by biggest pot of the night, on a check swing :-)

During current Stud session you were dealt 38 hands and:
- saw fourth street 29 times (76%)
- saw fifth street 25 times (65%)
- saw sixth street 19 times (50%)
- reached showdown 9 times (23%)
 Pots won at showdown - 6 of 9 (66%)
 Pots won without showdown - 2

delta: $17,209
cash game 7 card stud balance: $19,765
balance: $10,105,499

No comments:

Post a Comment