Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Lapis for neo

On September 30, 2011, I wrote a blog post entitled "No lapis for neo". Here's an excerpt:

The ratio you don't know about, which I only recently dreamed up, is what I call the lapis ratio - four times as many winning sessions as losing ones. Lapis, of course, is shorthand for lapis lazuli. I picked lapis as the name for this ratio since for me it has the aura of something extraordinary, something magical, and something mystical.

Had I won last night's session, I would have achieved lapis in deuce. Needless to say, I didn't win.


The session before last night's session, I achieved lapis in 7 card stud. Last night, I won again. In my young 7 card stud career, I've had 13 winning sessions and only 3 losing ones. The main ingredient for playing 7 card stud successfully appears to be patience, and thankfully I have a healthy supply :-)

During current Stud session you were dealt 114 hands and:
- saw fourth street 96 times (84%)
- saw fifth street 83 times (72%)
- saw sixth street 61 times (53%)
- reached showdown 29 times (25%)
 Pots won at showdown - 12 of 29 (41%)
 Pots won without showdown - 20

delta: $6,441
cash game 7 card stud balance: $11,247
balance: $10,096,981

No comments:

Post a Comment