Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The high chaparral

This is the second time I've used this blog post title. The first time, the context was sit and gos. What I mean by the high chaparral in a cash game context is the number of positive deltas at the top of the list of a session's hand deltas, when this list has been sorted in descending order by absolute value. In general, the higher this number is, the better. In 662 sessions of cash game no limit hold'em for which I have the hand histories, the highest high chaparral number I ever achieved was 11. In 14 sessions of limit 7 card stud for which I have the hand histories, the highest high chaparral number I've achieved so far is 9, which I did last night. I haven't had a high chaparral number of 0 yet in 7 card stud; in hold'em, I had a monstrous 176 sessions with a high chaparral number of 0. If you want to make slow steady money, stud is definitely the right game to play :-)

During current Stud session you were dealt 89 hands and:
- saw fourth street 60 times (67%)
- saw fifth street 51 times (57%)
- saw sixth street 36 times (40%)
- reached showdown 19 times (21%)
 Pots won at showdown - 9 of 19 (47%)
 Pots won without showdown - 1

delta: $9,400
cash game 7 card stud balance: $91,814
balance: $10,177,548

No comments:

Post a Comment