Saturday, July 12, 2014

Why no limit stud makes no sense

I looked for no limit stud tables on PokerStars last night, but couldn't find any. There was a very good reason for that, once I thought about it. No limit stud wouldn't make any sense. The reason is pretty simple. Hold'em has four betting rounds, but stud has five. There's just not enough information early on in stud to justify allowing players to go all in. If you did allow it, you wouldn't be playing poker, you'd be playing bingo. If I really value skill poker flavors, as I claim, I have to play them on their own terms. There are no shortcuts. I see now that stud is a grinder's game, but that suits me just fine.

During current Stud session you were dealt 77 hands and:
- saw fourth street 53 times (68%)
- saw fifth street 48 times (62%)
- saw sixth street 31 times (40%)
- reached showdown 17 times (22%)
 Pots won at showdown - 10 of 17 (58%)
 Pots won without showdown - 3

delta: $14,026
cash game 7 card stud balance: $2,556
balance: $10,088,290

No comments:

Post a Comment