Tuesday, August 19, 2014

An action opponent

Action is the engine of poker. Without action, no one could make a profit. When I encounter an action opponent, part of me grumbles, but most of me rejoices. The part that grumbles says "This guy always bets or raises; I'll never know what he has". The part of me that rejoices says, "This guy always bets or raises; it doesn't even matter what he has. Nine times out of ten, if I wait for a good hand, my hand will beat his".

To help me gauge just how much action "Action Jackson" was giving me, I came up with yaps (yet another poker statistic). I call my new stat action_pct (short for action percentage). It's the percentage of decisions made by a player which were either bets or raises. Last night, in 60 hands, my action_pct was a modest 17.42  - 31 action decisions out of a total of 178 decisions. The action_pct of "Action Jackson" was an absurd 74.15 - 241 action decisions out of a total of 325 decisions.

I hit the felt after 44 hands, but wasn't discouraged; with all the action being provided, I knew I could make it back into the black in a hurry. "Action Jackson" spotted me two huge pots after I reupped, and I quit with a nice profit.

During current Stud session you were dealt 60 hands and:
- saw fourth street 22 times (36%)
- saw fifth street 20 times (33%)
- saw sixth street 19 times (31%)
- reached showdown 11 times (18%)
 Pots won at showdown - 6 of 11 (54%)
 Pots won without showdown - 1

delta: $41,800
cash game 7 card stud balance: $173,082
balance: $10,258,816

No comments:

Post a Comment