Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Shot from guns

There's almost nothing in poker I like better than starting off a session by winning a big pot. I call that being shot from guns. That's what happened last night. On the very first hand, I made a straight on seventh street; I won a pot worth $13,320 with it, $9,680 of which was o.p.m. (other people's money).

Every so often I like to I take a look at my percentage of winning the first hand of a session, and like the children of Lake Wobegon, it's always been above average :-) Since I started playing stud again last month, I've won the first hand in 6 of the 25 sessions. That's 24 percent, almost double the expected 12.5 percent.

The great thing about being shot from guns is that it immediately gives you chips to play with. It doesn't matter if your stack comes back to its starting amount, or even if it dips under it; what matters is that you've been gifted with a greater number of hands to play. The more hands you can play, the better; the sooner your next monster pot :-)

During current Stud session you were dealt 68 hands and:
- saw fourth street 55 times (80%)
- saw fifth street 45 times (66%)
- saw sixth street 32 times (47%)
- reached showdown 12 times (17%)
 Pots won at showdown - 6 of 12 (50%)
 Pots won without showdown - 8

delta: $14,813
cash game 7 card stud balance: $84,138
balance: $10,169,872

No comments:

Post a Comment