Thursday, August 21, 2014

The walrus by a whisker

Last night, the walrus got me by a whisker again. That is to say, I would have had a profitable session except for a bad beat. On hand 37, I hit a flush on sixth street, but got beaten by a full house which an opponent hit on seventh street. I'd been a 92.63% favorite after sixth street, but it wasn't meant to be. Had I won that hand, I would have made a profit of $24,850 on the night. I'm not discouraged, though; I played much better last night than the night before. Looking at the statistics of the two sessions, I realize I was wrong about what I'd been doing wrong on Tuesday night. It wasn't that I was going to showdown too often; it was that I was going to showdown too often without premium hands.

During current Stud session you were dealt 128 hands and:
- saw fourth street 95 times (74%)
- saw fifth street 82 times (64%)
- saw sixth street 65 times (50%)
- reached showdown 38 times (29%)
 Pots won at showdown - 20 of 38 (52%)
 Pots won without showdown - 8

delta: $-3,350
cash game 7 card stud balance: $49,732
balance: $10,135,466

No comments:

Post a Comment