Friday, September 12, 2014

My little deuce coup

One of the things that makes 8-game tournaments so interesting is that different players have different favorite poker flavors, so everyone has to suffer through the flavors they're not so good at in order to arrive at their favorites. Pot limit Omaha is my least favorite flavor, so I don't enter many pots when it comes around in the rotation. I actually have a bit of a love/hate relationship with deuce. Last night, the final rotation of deuce saved my bacon. At that point, I was heads up, and had a slightly smaller stack than my opponent ($4,208 to his $4,792). Due to some luck and some skill, I exited the rotation with a commanding lead of $6,416 to his $2,584. That was enough to enable me to come out on top. Since I overthrew my opponent's chip lead in the final deuce rotation, I'm calling it my little deuce coup :-)

buy_in entry_fee num_players num_hands place winnings

 45000      5000           6       200     1   175500


delta: $125,500
8-game tournament balance: $470,000
balance: $9,917,770

No comments:

Post a Comment