Friday, September 5, 2014

Stopping the bitch

I first used this blog post title nearly two years ago. Here's an excerpt of what I wrote then:

... Cedric Maxwell, a great Celtics player, said that the Celtics were not going to let Bernard King, a great Knicks player, score at will on them - Maxwell said they were going to "stop the bitch". His choice of words struck me forcefully at the time I read it, and it strikes me equally forcefully now. In one breath, he was praising King, and at the same time claiming that the Celtics would shut him down - and incidentally implying that this would largely be due to his (Maxwell's) defensive efforts.

Friends and neighbors, after six straight losing sessions, I finally stopped the bitch. What a relief! I'm not claiming I've cured what currently ails me poker-wise, but at least I have this respite. We'll see how long it lasts.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 53 hands and saw flop:
 - 7 out of 9 times while in big blind (77%)
 - 2 out of 6 times while in small blind (33%)
 - 20 out of 38 times in other positions (52%)
 - a total of 29 out of 53 (54%)
 Pots won at showdown - 4 of 6 (66%)
 Pots won without showdown - 5

delta: $33,675
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $6,688,221
balance: $9,821,120

No comments:

Post a Comment