Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A counterfeit house

Last night, on the final hand of the session, I lost the most money I've ever lost with a full house - $52,697. My problem was that I got there on the turn, and was so convinced I had a lock on the hand that I didn't pay attention to the river card. It paired the board, counterfeiting my full house, but I didn't notice. The board was showing two pairs, a very dangerous situation which I completely missed. I went all in, got snap called, and that was all she wrote. It's a cardinal sin to make a raise of any kind when your hand has been counterfeited. One thing I realized about my thought process afterwards is that somehow I inverted the places of the three of the kind and the pair; I'd made a full house of deuces full of queens, but somehow thought I'd made queens full of deuces. Inexcusable, but there you have it. The slump continues. At least I only lost one buy in last night instead of two :-)

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 53 hands and saw flop:
 - 7 out of 9 times while in big blind (77%)
 - 6 out of 8 times while in small blind (75%)
 - 22 out of 36 times in other positions (61%)
 - a total of 35 out of 53 (66%)
 Pots won at showdown - 4 of 11 (36%)
 Pots won without showdown - 7

delta: $-50,000
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $6,582,644
balance: $9,487,743

No comments:

Post a Comment