Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Bottom two

As you may know, I've had a career-long love/hate relationship with the hand which I call the stealth two pair. A stealth two is when you don't have a pocket pair, the flop has no pairs, and both your hole cards match one of the cards in the flop. You can make a lot of money with stealth twos, and you can also lose a lot with them. Last night, my final hand of the session was a stealth two, and I lost a lot with them - $38,016 to be precise. In this case, it was a bottom two stealth two. I was up against an opponent who'd flopped a top and bottom stealth two. I made a full house on the river, and my opponent made a better full house. I went all in, and hit the felt.

I was curious to see how I've fared with bottom two in my career, so I wrote a utility to find out. I turns out that I've flopped bottom two 163 times in 52,462 hands, and have a slight profit, $316,193, for my trouble.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 142 hands and saw flop:
 - 16 out of 20 times while in big blind (80%)
 - 12 out of 21 times while in small blind (57%)
 - 56 out of 101 times in other positions (55%)
 - a total of 84 out of 142 (59%)
 Pots won at showdown - 7 of 27 (25%)
 Pots won without showdown - 9

delta: $-100,000
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $6,632,644
balance: $9,537,743

No comments:

Post a Comment