Friday, November 14, 2014

20th hammerbye

As I've said before, I often like to quit a cash game when one of my hole cards is a deuce or a trey. By this I don't mean that I quit whenever I'm dealt a deuce or a trey; that would just be silly. What I mean is that when I'm looking for a quit signal, being dealt a deuce or a trey fits the bill. I'm generally only looking for a quit signal in one of three cases:

1. I'm trying to preserve a profit
2. I'm trying to minimize a loss
3. It's late and I want to go to bed

The best quit signal of all is being dealt a hammer (seven deuce offsuit). I hereby dub the act of quitting in this scenario a hammerbye. I'll even go so far as to give it a verb form :-) Last night, I hammerbyed right after winning my largest pot of the night. It was the 20th hammerbye of my career.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 110 hands and saw flop:
 - 10 out of 14 times while in big blind (71%)
 - 8 out of 14 times while in small blind (57%)
 - 55 out of 82 times in other positions (67%)
 - a total of 73 out of 110 (66%)
 Pots won at showdown - 7 of 14 (50%)
 Pots won without showdown - 3

delta: $-2,079
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $6,481,100
balance: $9,386,199

No comments:

Post a Comment