Monday, November 17, 2014

Deked on the turn

My slump continues apace. I'm playing pretty abominably. On Friday night, I hit the felt twice. The first time, I got deked on the turn. An opponent who'd hit the nut flush on the turn bet small, then fired at the river. I was lulled by the small turn bet into thinking the huge river bet was a bluff. I've employed this ruse before myself, so it hurt even more to be taken in by it. The second time I hit the felt, it was at the end of a long steady decline, and I was tired of waiting for a good hand. I was dealt ace eight offsuit, went all in preflop, and whiffed on everything. My cash game no limit hold'em balance is nearing a record blue distance, which I don't need to tell you is a bad thing.

You might think I should change my playing style to try to break out of my slump, and I've been seriously considering it. However, I've come to the conclusion that if I did, I wouldn't be being true to myself. As I've said before, you need to dance with the one who brung you :-)

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 93 hands and saw flop:
 - 12 out of 14 times while in big blind (85%)
 - 7 out of 13 times while in small blind (53%)
 - 37 out of 66 times in other positions (56%)
 - a total of 56 out of 93 (60%)
 Pots won at showdown - 5 of 14 (35%)
 Pots won without showdown - 5

delta: $-100,000
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $6,381,100
balance: $9,286,199

No comments:

Post a Comment