Tuesday, November 25, 2014

My blog's birthday, and his older brother

Today is my blog's birthday. I wrote my first post on November 25, 2009, exactly five years ago. At the time I started, I had no idea how long I'd keep writing. It's a little embarrassing to reflect on how proud I was the day I reached 50 posts. It seemed like a big deal at the time. This post is my 1,342nd. If I'd managed to write a post every day, as Seth Godin does, this would be my 1,827th. As it is, I'm posting at a 73% clip, which isn't too shabby. Given the subject matter of this blog, that means I'm playing poker at a 73% clip, too :-)

I haven't mentioned my blog's older brother before, at least not by that sobriquet. His name is "Leadership and Management / Turning Adversity to Advantage", and he's written by my friend Bruce Lynn. Here's the link:

https://brucelynnblog.wordpress.com/

Leadership just turned nine; like First, he's a Sagittarius too :-) Without his example, along with that of other blogs I admire, I wouldn't have had the courage to bring First into the world.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 21 hands and saw flop:
 - 3 out of 3 times while in big blind (100%)
 - 3 out of 3 times while in small blind (100%)
 - 6 out of 15 times in other positions (40%)
 - a total of 12 out of 21 (57%)
 Pots won at showdown - 2 of 3 (66%)
 Pots won without showdown - 3

delta: $61,699
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $6,530,976
balance: $9,436,075

No comments:

Post a Comment