Friday, November 21, 2014

Nine nine nine nine? Nein nein nein nein!

Last night, I doubled up on the very first hand. Did I quit right afterward? I think you know the answer to that question. I play largely for entertainment purposes, and there's very little entertainment in playing a single hand and then quitting. I hit the felt on hand 46 in bizarre fashion. I'd been dealt pocket kings, and raised all in preflop with them. A player acting before me had already gone all in, and a player acting after me called my raise, so three of us were going to showdown. The flop hit one of my opponent's hands the hardest I recall ever seeing a hand hit. He'd been dealt pocket nines, and flopped quads. I was drawing razor thin - I had a 0.22 percent chance of winning. The only two hands which would have done it for me were quad kings and a king high straight flush :-) The other opponent was actually drawing dead on the turn, an almost unheard of occurrence. When I saw those other two nines on the flop, I was outraged. One nine I could have stomached, but two? Come off it! I reupped for the max, went to work, and finally made it back into the black.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 191 hands and saw flop:
 - 52 out of 55 times while in big blind (94%)
 - 42 out of 57 times while in small blind (73%)
 - 45 out of 79 times in other positions (56%)
 - a total of 139 out of 191 (72%)
 Pots won at showdown - 27 of 56 (48%)
 Pots won without showdown - 35

delta: $12,814
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $6,423,615
balance: $9,328,714

No comments:

Post a Comment