Monday, November 24, 2014

Twin prime hold'em hands

In mathematics, twin primes are prime numbers whose difference is two. Here are some examples: 1 and 3, 3 and 5, 5 and 7, 11 and 13, and 17 and 19. I'm going to apply a similar concept to hold'em hands. I'll define twin prime hold'em hands as hands where you've been dealt the exact same hole cards, in the exact same order, two hands apart. This is obviously an extremely rare occurrence. In the 54,330 cash game no limit hold'em hands I've played for which I have the full hand history, I've only had twin primes 23 times. The 23rd came during Friday night's session. Strangely enough, I didn't notice it at the time. The only reason I noticed it later was that I was looking at the hand where I had the largest positive delta, saw that it was jack seven suited, had a hunch that might have been the most lucrative jack seven suited of my career, ran the numbers to test my hypothesis, and looked at the results. As it turns out, it was the second most lucrative jack seven suited of my career, followed two hands later by the second most expensive jack seven suited of my career. You just can't make this shit up :-)

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 37 hands and saw flop:
 - 4 out of 5 times while in big blind (80%)
 - 0 out of 4 times while in small blind (0%)
 - 15 out of 28 times in other positions (53%)
 - a total of 19 out of 37 (51%)
 Pots won at showdown - 2 of 2 (100%)
 Pots won without showdown - 5

delta: $45,662
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $6,469,277
balance: $9,374,376

No comments:

Post a Comment