Thursday, December 4, 2014

A night of busted flushes

I've mentioned before on this blog that I'm a bit of a flush chaser. I've also mentioned that the name of Travis McGee's boat is the Busted Flush. Travis is the fictional creation of mystery master John D. MacDonald. Tuesday night was a night of busted flushes for me. Of the ten flushes I chased after, fully eight of them broke up on the rocks. The first one took me down to the felt.

Thinking about flush chasing, and busted flushes, I decided to do some analysis to determine whether flush chasing is profitable for me or not. My definition of flush chasing is when you have four cards to a flush on the turn, and you pay to see the river. If you flopped a flush, there's nothing to chase. Similarly, if you make your flush on the turn, you can't really categorize that as chasing.

The verdict is in - my flush chasing has definitely paid off over the course of my career. So far, I've made a profit of $748,553 chasing flushes, although I lost $33,483 chasing them on Tuesday night.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 142 hands and saw flop:
 - 16 out of 19 times while in big blind (84%)
 - 12 out of 18 times while in small blind (66%)
 - 59 out of 105 times in other positions (56%)
 - a total of 87 out of 142 (61%)
 Pots won at showdown - 5 of 14 (35%)
 Pots won without showdown - 17

delta: $-26,259
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $6,625,383
balance: $9,530,482

No comments:

Post a Comment