Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Double stealth double up

The poker hands where much money is both won and lost are the ones where multiple players have the flop hit their hands hard. One common way this can happen is what I call double stealth. That's when two players have stealth hands. By definition, no pair appears in the flop when there's a stealth hand. Stealth hands are wired in to the board. There are several double stealth scenarios. Here are two of the most common:

1. both players have a stealth two pair
2. one player has a stealth two pair and the other player has a set

A set, by definition, is a stealth hand. It's non-stealth cousin is called trips :-) Last night, double stealth arose on hand 20. I'd been dealt 5h 5c, and the flop came 7d 5d Th. I went all in, and actually got a caller. He'd been dealt 7c Tc, so he had a stealth two pair. My set held up, and I won a pot worth $103,504, $51,752 of which was o.p.m. (other people's money). That gave me the freedom to play a lot longer if I wanted, and still be assured of a profit on the night. I decided not to play that many more hands.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 29 hands and saw flop:
 - 5 out of 5 times while in big blind (100%)
 - 3 out of 5 times while in small blind (60%)
 - 13 out of 19 times in other positions (68%)
 - a total of 21 out of 29 (72%)
 Pots won at showdown - 3 of 3 (100%)
 Pots won without showdown - 7

delta: $51,008
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $6,737,378
balance: $9,642,477

No comments:

Post a Comment