Tuesday, January 13, 2015

IG;WS

The title of this post is a snowclone instance. The snowclone template it uses is XX;YY. The canonical instance which uses this template is TL;DR. TL;DR is shorthand for "Too Long; Didn't Read". IG;WS is my shorthand for "In Good; Went South", which in turn is short for "I got my money in good, but the hand went south on me" :-) That's precisely what happened on the final hand of the sit and go 8-game I entered last night. Getting your money in good has two prerequisites:

1. you go all in
2. you're a significant favorite to win

On last night's final hand, a PLO one, I got the money in good after flopping a set of aces. I was a 60.12% favorite after the flop, and a 72.50% favorite after the turn. However, my opponent hit his flush on the river, and I bubbled in third place.

buy_in entry_fee num_players num_hands place winnings

   900       100           6        68     3        0


delta: $-1,000
sit and go balance: $1,642,550
balance: $9,603,830

No comments:

Post a Comment