Wednesday, March 18, 2015

A trick of the hands

The guns were empty and they boiled at him, transmogrified into an Eye and a Hand, and he stood, screaming and reloading, his mind far away and absent, letting his hands do their reloading trick. Could he hold up a hand, tell them he had spent a thousand years learning this trick and others, tell them of the guns and the blood that had blessed them? Not with his mouth. But his hands could speak their own tale.

Stephen King, "The Gunslinger"

Like King's gunslinger, my hands have their own trick that they do quite well, when my mind steps aside to let them do their thing. That trick? To click the right buttons on the PokerStars interface to enable me to come out on top :-)  Technically speaking, I'm only using one hand. Full disclosure: I've quoted this exact passage before, in my post of March 5, 2014.

buy_in entry_fee num_players num_hands place winnings

  4500       500           6        35    52        0
  9000      1000           6       191     1    35100


delta: $20,100
8-game tournament balance: $481,350
balance: $9,559,680

No comments:

Post a Comment