Monday, June 29, 2015

Stop-time

In tap dancing, jazz, and blues, stop-time is an accompaniment pattern interrupting, or stopping, the normal time and featuring regular accented attacks on the first beat of each or every other measure alternating with silence or solos.

source: Wikipedia

In poker, stop-time is the moment in a multi-table tournament when the money bubble is just about to burst. In this moment, you should rarely call, and never bet or raise.

source: neostreet

Last night, I didn't take the good advice I give above. We were down to 19 players, and 18 places would be paid. So it was definitely stop-time. However, instead of stopping, I kept playing, and played myself right out of the money. The irony is that I was dancing with the one who brung me; I never would have made it to the final 19 without having made some gutsy bets along the way. So I decided to make one more gutsy bet in stop-time. It's really hard to remember not to play when playing's what got you where you are. It just doesn't feel right. I'll try hard to remember next time I'm in stop-time :-)

buy_in entry players hands place winnings

  4500   500       6    86    19        0


delta: $-5,000
MTT 8-game balance: $167,880
balance: $9,158,382

No comments:

Post a Comment