Monday, July 13, 2015

Retroactive bad beats

There are some hands you lose which feel exactly like bad beats, even though they're not. The reason they're not is that the turn and river cards had nothing to do with why you lost. The reason they feel exactly like bad beats is that you had every reasonable expectation of winning the hand. What you discover at showdown, to your chagrin, is that your opponent had you beat from the very beginning.  I hereby dub such hands retroactive bad beats :-)

I had a retroactive bad beat at the very end of my session last night. I was dealt Qh 4h, the flop came Qd Jc 8d, the turn was 5s, and the river was 9c. I lost to an opponent who'd been dealt pocket rockets. For the record, it was the 332nd time in my cash game no limit hold'em career that I've hit the felt.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 74 hands and saw flop:
 - 4 out of 9 times while in big blind (44%)
 - 4 out of 9 times while in small blind (44%)
 - 21 out of 56 times in other positions (37%)
 - a total of 29 out of 74 (39%)
 Pots won at showdown - 5 of 12 (41%)
 Pots won without showdown - 2

delta: $-50,000
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $6,499,202
balance: $9,077,191

No comments:

Post a Comment