Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Telerailing

Last night, the November Nine in this year's WSOP Main Event were determined. Everyone in the poker world, myself included, was pulling hard for Daniel Negreanu to make it into the November Nine. Even though I was 2,389 miles away from the action, I was able to be one of Daniel's railbirds through the magic of PokerNews, PokerStars, and Twitter. I call that "telerailing" :-) Kudos to Remko Rinkema for his timely and informative tweets; they made me feel as if I were there. I finally went to bed at about 2 A.M. eastern time, when there were just 11 players remaining, including Daniel. This morning, I discovered that he busted in 11th place. That matched his best previous main event finish, in 2001. I'm sure that repeating in that fashion puts him in some pretty rare company; the only other player I know of who's ever had the same place finish in two Main Events is Mark Newhouse, who came in 9th in both 2013 and 2014.

While I was telerailing, I was also playing poker. The most notable thing about last night's session was the huge amount of chips in play at the table; at one point, it was $2,718,748. This total dwarfed the previous high water mark, which was $1,814,762 and occurred during the session I played on December 5th, 2014. One player alone had a stack of about 1.8 million play dollars! I'm sure that's the first time I've seen a player's stack top the 1 million mark.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 63 hands and saw flop:
 - 4 out of 8 times while in big blind (50%)
 - 4 out of 8 times while in small blind (50%)
 - 20 out of 47 times in other positions (42%)
 - a total of 28 out of 63 (44%)
 Pots won at showdown - 4 of 7 (57%)
 Pots won without showdown - 2

delta: $-50,000
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $6,363,476
balance: $8,941,465

No comments:

Post a Comment