Wednesday, July 1, 2015

The green light

Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us.

― F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby


I believe in a green light too, albeit a different one from Gatsby's :-) My green light is the freedom to play without restraint which comes from having made the money in an MTT. The only way to win an MTT is by betting; you can fold your way into the money, but it's impossible to fold your way into a victory. Last night, after making the money in an 8-game, I chased a flush. It didn't pan out, and I lost a huge percentage of my chip stack. However, I don't regret chasing a bit; had I won that hand, I would almost certainly have made the final table.

style flavor buy_in entry players hands place winnings

MTT   8-Game   4500   500       6    89    15     5140
MTT   HORSE    4500   500       8    38    23        0


delta: $-4,860
MTT 8-game balance: $168,100
balance: $9,170,622

No comments:

Post a Comment