Thursday, July 2, 2015

Worst MTT first hand ever

Last night, I set a new personal worst; I lost the most money I've ever lost on the first hand of an MTT. It was a total outlier, more that 1.5 times as big as the second worst first hand on the list. At $800, it was more than half of my starting stack of $1,500. What happened? It's simple really; my opponent had a polarizing betting pattern, and I just didn't believe he had the goods. In other words, I went with my read, but my read was wrong. Hey, it happens :-) I'd rather be true to my read and lose than wimp out before reaching showdown.

style flavor buy_in entry players hands place winnings

MTT   HORSE    4500   500       8    13    59        0


delta: $-5,000
MTT HORSE balance: $-34,160
balance: $9,165,622

No comments:

Post a Comment