Thursday, August 20, 2015

Double blunder

In chess, a double blunder is when one player makes a blunder, and his opponent doesn't notice it, which is the second blunder. It's a bit different in poker, since not all blunders are irretrievable. As long as it's not the final betting round, blunders can be reversed by the next card which peels off the deck, giving other players the chance to blunder in their turn. Last night, there was a double blunder on hand 12. One of my opponents blundered on the turn, and I blundered on the river. I'd been dealt Tc Kc, and my opponent had been dealt 6c 9s. The flop came Ts 5h 6d, and the turn was Ks. I knew my hand, a two pair of kings and tens, was very strong; accordingly, I made a big bet of half the pot. My opponent, who only had a pair of sixes, called. I consider this a blunder on his part. In order to justify his call, his pair of sixes would have to win about a quarter of the time. I think that's asking just a little bit too much of middle pair. My blunder was much worse. The river was 6s, giving my opponent trips. I shouldn't have bet a single penny on the river, since the board had paired; instead, I bet half the pot again. I ended up losing $28,195 on the hand, and never recovered. I ran the numbers and it turns out my opponent hit a two outer on the river; I'd been a 95.45% favorite after the turn. It's no use crying over spilt chips, however :-)

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 144 hands and saw flop:
 - 11 out of 17 times while in big blind (64%)
 - 9 out of 18 times while in small blind (50%)
 - 51 out of 109 times in other positions (46%)
 - a total of 71 out of 144 (49%)
 Pots won at showdown - 4 of 16 (25%)
 Pots won without showdown - 8

delta: $-44,647
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $6,258,675
balance: $8,727,772

No comments:

Post a Comment