Friday, February 5, 2016

Exiting with my boots on

Recently, I was reading about Doc Holliday on Wikipedia. Here's a passage which struck me:

Holliday is reported to have asked the nurse attending him at the Hotel Glenwood for a shot of whiskey. When she told him no, he looked at his bootless feet, amused. The nurses said that his last words were, "This is funny." He always figured he would be killed someday with his boots on.

Last night, I exited the MTT 8-game tournament I entered with my boots on. On the money bubble, I decided not to try to fold my way into the money, but to go out (if I were to go out) with both guns blazing. The flavor was 7 card stud limit, and I called all in on sixth street with two pair, tens and fours. The opponent who'd put me all in hit a two pair of aces and nines with a nine on the river, and I was gone from the tournament. Luckily for me, someone at another table hit the rail before I did, so I made the (pitiful) money.

Tonight, I'm going to look for a massive field MTT NLHE of the 6-max variety. If I can only find 9-maxes in the PokerStars lobby, I'll scratch that idea.

style flavor buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

MTT   8-Game   4500   500       6    60      94   18    18     5490
SNG   NLHE    45000  5000       6    89       6    2     2    94500
SNG   NLHE    45000  5000       6    33       6    2     4        0


delta: $-5,010
Sit and go no limit hold'em balance: $4,451,300
balance: $12,499,794

No comments:

Post a Comment