Sunday, June 19, 2016

A funny thing to be proud of

You'd think, after winning more than 10 million play dollars playing online poker, I'd be pretty proud of that. The funny thing is, it turns out to be quite hard to be proud of what you consider to be the normal course of events. For all intents and purposes, I've never not made a profit playing online poker. How proud can one be of something which comes so easily? However, the bulk of the profits was from cash games. MTTs are another story entirely. Making a steady profit playing MTTs is the hardest thing I've ever tried to do, poker-wise, and I'm not there yet. The very fact that it's so hard to do has made me proud of minutiae :-) Believe it or not, my proudest poker achievement to date is making the money every other time I enter an MTT NHLE. Whenever I make the money, I feel the euphoria of being above the crowd. That's actually worth more than any play money windfall.

style flavor buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE      870   130       9    54     958  243   182     1858


delta: $858
MTT NLHE balance: $3,633
balance: $10,056,687

No comments:

Post a Comment