Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The Janus hand

As I've had occasion to observe before, memory is a funny thing. What I remember best from last night's session is that I got dealt pocket rockets twice in the second MTT NLHE I played, won the first time I got them, and hit the rail the second. That gave me the idea for this post's title. Pocket aces are truly the Janus hand; they can break you just as easily as they can make you. Looking over the hand histories tonight, however, I discovered that I was wrong in every particular but one :-) I was only dealt rockets once in that tournament, but did hit the rail. Remarkably, I hit the rail in the first tournament I played with the very same holding. Somehow I remembered that lost hand as a win, and put it in the wrong tournament.

I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever had what I call "aces out" twice in a single session. My consolation is that at least I made the money the second time :-)

style flavor buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE      870   130       9    20     978  243   384        0
MTT   NLHE      870   130       6    46     741  192   117     1934


delta: $-66
MTT NLHE massive balance: $21,662
balance: $10,063,396

No comments:

Post a Comment