Saturday, August 6, 2016

Autopilot decisions

For the bulk of my career, I've played one table at a time. Lately, I've been multi-tabling. Granted, I've only been playing two tables at a time, but that's twice as many as I'm used to :-) Here's what's been going down: I've been joining the currently running MTT NLHE as soon as it grows to 700 entries or more, and have been joining the regularly scheduled 9:42 pm est MTT 8-game tournament whenever there are between 5 and 10 minutes left in the late registration period.

Playing more than one table at a time means you have less time to make each decision. In general, that's a good thing :-) As an old poker adage proclaims, "Long is wrong" :-) Last night, it seemed like my two tournaments were in lock-step. I was doing well in both. The 5 minute breaks even coincided. I was essentially making decisions on autopilot, going with my gut on just about everything. When you have good card sense, you can do a lot worse that going with your gut. Unfortunately for me, I wasn't able to make the money in the MTT 8-game. I'm definitely overdue.

style flavor buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE      870   130       9   101     707  189    14     4834
MTT   NLHE     4350   650       6    50      83   18    27        0


delta: $-1,166
MTT 8-game balance: $286,840
balance: $10,370,874

1 comment:

  1. Hey Neo,
    Multitabling is definitely the way to go once you get a good grasp of basic poker theory. Of course, if you're doing this for fun, no need to stress out over multiple tables, but if you want to go higher and higher, then multitabling will increase your winrate drastically. I personally do 4 tables, although they are cash and require less thinking than in a tournament. Good luck
    Thanks,
    Al

    ReplyDelete