Sunday, September 11, 2016

Table selection

One poker skill that has atrophied while I was playing all those sit and gos is that of table selection. When you're playing cash game, you want to pick a table which has some players with stacks bigger than the maximum starting stack amount, but not too many of them. Last night, I made the mistake of picking a table where all the players had stacks bigger than the maximum starting stack amount. The result was that I was the baby stack at the table, which severely reduced my likelihood of being able to push an opponent off a hand with a big bet. I had a long, slow, steady, and painful descent to the felt. I was actually relieved when I finally hit it. I was glad to be out of my misery :-)

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 113 hands and saw flop:
 - 14 out of 19 times while in big blind (73%)
 - 10 out of 20 times while in small blind (50%)
 - 24 out of 74 times in other positions (32%)
 - a total of 48 out of 113 (42%)
 Pots won at showdown - 3 of 14 (21%)
 Pots won without showdown - 7

delta: $-100,000
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $5,784,154
balance: $9,724,408

No comments:

Post a Comment