Tuesday, January 10, 2017

"I know what to do"

Ever since I saw the 1978 movie "Pretty Baby", starring Brooke Shields, Keith Carradine, and Susan Sarandon, one line delivery has remained etched in my mind. It's Brooke's delivery of the line, "I know what to do", as the character Violet. Violet makes this assertion with the innocent, and mistaken, assurance of youth. Clearly, Violet couldn't know, while still a virgin, what the experience of sexual intercourse would be like, even if she already knew all about the mechanics.

Poker is so protean a pastime that no poker player can ever completely know what to do. That's why, though I've now played online poker for more than eight years, some parts of my poker virginity are untried yet :-) I have enough playing experience to be able to utter "I know what to do"; however, the very act of saying it calls Violet to my mind, and I can't deny the hubris and inescapable inaccuracy of the statement. It's probably best only to think this thought, and never say it aloud.

style flavor buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE    45000  5000       6    81     150   36    14   148000


delta: $98,000
MTT NLHE balance: $2,282,548
2017 balance: $365,400
balance: $11,783,230

No comments:

Post a Comment