Monday, January 16, 2017

Stopping the bitch

This it the third time I've used this blog post title. Rereading the original post, I realize I can't improve on it, so I'm going to be lazy and quote it in its entirety:

Memorable quotes are powerful. The proof of their power is the very fact that you remember them, years, or even decades, later. When I was trying to think of a title for this post, I knew I wanted it to relate to the fact that I finally stopped my losing streak. It was a bitch of a streak. That sparked the memory - years ago, Cedric Maxwell, a great Celtics player, said that the Celtics were not going to let Bernard King, a great Knicks player, score at will on them - Maxwell said they were going to "stop the bitch". His choice of words struck me forcefully at the time I read it, and it strikes me equally forcefully now. In one breath, he was praising King, and at the same time claiming that the Celtics would shut him down - and incidentally implying that this would largely be due to his (Maxwell's) defensive efforts.
 
Last night, I stopped the bitch. After tying a personal record streak of nine straight tournaments out of the money, I finally got back into the money again.


Last night, I stopped the bitch. After setting a personal record streak of eleven straight tournaments out of the money, I finally got back into the money again.

style flavor buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE    43500  6500       9    43     181   45    26    59000


delta: $9,000
MTT NLHE balance: $1,921,548
2017 balance: $4,400
balance: $11,422,230

No comments:

Post a Comment