Thursday, January 12, 2017

The runt of the litter

If you can help it, you only ever want to go to showdown against a single opponent. Of course, there will be times when three or more players can't be persuaded to relinquish their hands. In such cases, at least two of them are in for a world of hurt :-) When this occurs in an MTT, you can hit the rail in a New York minute. That's what happened to me last night, in just the second hand of the first MTT I entered. I was dealt Q7o (queen seven offsuit), and the flop came Qc 8d Td. I bet 90, got raised to 180, and called; a third player called behind me. The turn was the queen of spades (known as "the bitch" to lovers of the card game hearts); I bet 360, got raised by the third player, and called all in, just after the second player called. I never had a prayer, turning over the worst hand of the three; I was thus the runt of the litter. I had trip queens, the second player had a full house of tens full of queens, and the third player had a full house of queens full of tens. I think the only thing I did wrong in the hand was my final call; I should have known at least one of my opponents had me beat.

style flavor buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE    17500  2500       6     2     300   72     0        0
MTT   NLHE    45000  5000       6    34     103   30    60        0


delta: $-70,000
MTT NLHE balance: $2,142,548
2017 balance: $225,400
balance: $11,643,230

No comments:

Post a Comment