Friday, February 3, 2017

S.O.S.

One of the hardest hands to lay down is a set, especially when the board doesn't support a straight, doesn't support a flush, and doesn't support a full house. In such a case, the only hand that can beat yours is a better set. That boils down to someone having been dealt a better pocket pair than yours. That situation is called "set over set". I call it S.O.S. for short :-)

Last night, I was on the wrong end of an S.O.S. on just the second hand of the first MTT I joined. All my chips went into the middle, and I was out of the tournament in a New York minute. There's no use complaining about S.O.S.'s, though; they happen, and they happen to everyone. I'm sure I've been on the right end of just as many as I've been on the wrong end of.

I joined my second MTT with just a minute left in the late registration period, and ended up making the money. I have enough confidence in my poker abilities to believe I can join an MTT at any time and still have a decent chance to make the money.

style flavor buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE    17500  2500       6     2     234   60     0        0
MTT   NLHE    45000  5000       6    78     114   30     9   153000


delta: $83,000
MTT NLHE balance: $2,828,148
2017 balance: $911,000
balance: $12,328,830

No comments:

Post a Comment