Monday, April 3, 2017

Uberflushed twice

One of the worst feelings you can experience at a poker table is having your flush beaten by a better flush, in the case where the board has three cards to a flush and both your hole cards are needed to complete it. The odds that someone else has another such flush, let alone one which beats yours, are small indeed. I call the better flush an uberflush, and say that the loser has been uberflushed :-) Last night, I was uberflushed in both tournaments I played. In both, I was making good headway toward the money. In the first tournament, I hit the rail on the uberflush hand; in the second, my stack took a severe blow and I only lasted another ten hands. With last night's loss, I've had five losing sessions in a row, for an aggregate loss of over half a million play dollars. The silver lining is that the current streak, bad as it is, only makes it to number 35 on my all-time worst list :-)

style flavor buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE    45000  5000       6    56     137   36     -        0
MTT   NLHE    43500  6500       9    43     142   36    43        0


delta: $-100,000
MTT NLHE balance: $2,253,148
2017 balance: $175,125
balance: $11,592,955

No comments:

Post a Comment