Thursday, June 22, 2017

Tumble dry

During a tournament, I like to keep track of how well I'm doing compared to the other players. The PokerStars software makes this very easy; there's a tournament lobby window which is constantly updating how many chips each player has and where that places them; the players are listed in descending order of chip count. One interesting side effect of all this "lobby watching" is that I've gotten to know who the habitual MTT-R players are. I'm one myself :-) I've gained a healthy respect for these players, and keep close tabs on where they stand. Another interesting side effect is that because I keep an eye on them, I really get a sense of how tournaments put everybody through the ringer; no one is spared. It's like we're all socks in a laundromat dryer, taking turns being on top of the pile, on the bottom, and anywhere in between. We tumble dry, until we tumble out of the tournament :-)

style flavor buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

MTT-R NLHE    43500  6500       9    59      66   15    20        0


delta: $-250,000
MTT with rebuys NLHE balance: $7,423,000
2017 balance: $8,262,825
balance: $19,680,655

No comments:

Post a Comment