Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Erroring out

In computer parlance, erroring out is when a program realizes it has reached a state from which it can't continue, and exits with an error condition. In a poker tournament context, erroring out is what I call it when I make a fatally bad decision, and hit the rail as a result. Last night, I errored out when I went all in after the flop, on a non-rainbow board. A non-rainbow flop is one where at least two of the three cards are of the same suit. You should never go all in on a non-rainbow board, since if you get called, there's a good chance your opponent will be on a flush draw, and you'll be flipping for your tournament life. Although I made this error last night, funnily enough, I didn't actually lose to a flush. But that's beside the point :-)

style flavor buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

MTT-R NLHE    43500  6500       9    57      62   15    31        0


delta: $-150,000
MTT with rebuys NLHE balance: $18,883,500
2017 balance: $19,793,350
balance: $31,211,180

No comments:

Post a Comment