Wednesday, November 1, 2017

The magic flush

There's a hand I've been meaning to write about for some time, and now's the time. I call this hand the magic flush, and I really hate it. I hate it so much I don't even want to be on the winning end of it. Here's how a magic flush typically goes down:

- player A (the hero) has a premium holding
- player B (the villain) has a mediocre holding
- neither player's holding is suited, and player B has a least one suit that player A does not; let's call this suit the magic flush suit
- four of the five community cards dealt are of the magic flush suit, giving player B a flush, which beats player A's hand

Last night, in the one MTT-R NLHE I played, I hit the felt when I ran into a magic flush. Luckily for me, I still ended up making the money.

style flavor buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

MTT-R NLHE    43500  6500       9   105      29    6     6   392000


delta: $192,000
MTT with rebuys NLHE balance: $21,219,500
2017 balance: $22,118,955
balance: $33,536,785

No comments:

Post a Comment