Saturday, December 2, 2017

Shove count

When you play a tournament, you're going to have to go all in at times; it's unavoidable if you want to succeed. Of course, if you go all in too often, you'll likely to be out of the tournament in a New York minute. So there's a dynamic tension between going all in and not going all in. In MTT-R tournaments, this tension is reduced by the ability to rebuy during the late registration period; however, it's foolish to get "rebuy happy". A lot of the usual suspects I play against are rebuy happy; this leads me to conclude that they must be losing scads of money at MTT-Rs over the long term. In contrast, I'm making money hand over fist at MTT-Rs in the long term :-)

One statistic I look at occasionally is what I'm calling shove count; it's the number of times you were all in during a tournament. My average shove count in MTT-R NLHE is currently 3.61; my shove count in Thursday night's tournament was nearly double that, at a hefty 7.

style flavor buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

MTT-R NLHE    43500  6500       9    88      58   12    17        0


delta: $-350,000
MTT with rebuys NLHE balance: $30,098,500
2017 balance: $30,461,055
balance: $41,878,885

No comments:

Post a Comment