Friday, January 5, 2018

The Janus street

Here's an excerpt of what I had to say about Janus on April 21st of last year:

Janus was the Roman god of duality, among other things. There is no hand in poker with more of a dual nature than pocket aces. I hereby dub it the Janus hand :-)

For this post, I'm going to talk about the dual nature of a different poker construct - namely, the street. The Janus street in poker is the final one, i.e. the river. On the river, the very card that makes you can also break you. When this happens, it's brutal. On my final hand of last night's session, the river was very cruel to me. It completed a flush for me, but also completed a full house for my opponent. Whatcha gonna do?

style flavor buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

MTT-R NLHE    43500  6500       9    44      59   12    36        0


delta: $-200,000
MTT with rebuys NLHE balance: $33,673,500
2018 balance: $-50,000
balance: $45,463,260

No comments:

Post a Comment