Saturday, February 17, 2018

The big goodbye

I first used this blog post title on March 2, 2016. Here's an excerpt of what I had to say:

There are several ways to exit a sit and go tournament. You can go out with a bang, a whimper, or something in between. Personally, I like to go out with a bang :-) I call that the big goodbye. My definition of a big goodbye is when the absolute value of your final hand delta is the largest absolute value of any of your hand deltas in the tournament.

I no longer play sit and gos, but the concept applies equally well to MTTs. However, I'll tweak it a bit. My new definition of a big goodbye is when the absolute value of your final hand delta is the largest absolute value of any of your negative hand deltas in the tournament. By that definiition, I had a big goodbye on Thursday night. Big goodbyes are not a bad thing at all; they show you have heart, and are willing to take a big risk for a big reward.

style flavor buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

MTT-R NLHE    43500  6500       9    67      72   15    24        0


delta: $-200,000
MTT with rebuys NLHE balance: $36,199,500
2018 balance: $2,476,000
balance: $47,989,260

No comments:

Post a Comment