Tuesday, May 15, 2018

The time bomb of escalating forced bets

In the MTT-R NLHE tournaments run by PokerStars, there are no antes at the beginning. That's really nice, while it lasts :-) Looking at the bar chart of my stack size over the course of last night's session, it's easy to pinpoint where the antes kicked in. There's a long line of hands where my stack is essentially constant, but then you see it start to fall regularly starting at hand 33.

You might think, given the title of this post, that I don't like escalating forced bets, but the reverse is true. I love them! For me, they're what most allows my poker skill to come to the fore. What I hate about cash games, in fact, is that they don't have escalating forced bets. I haven't played a cash game since October of last year.

style flavor buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

MTT-R NLHE    43500  6500       9    74      70   15    19        0


delta: $-100,000
MTT with rebuys NLHE balance: $42,370,500
2018 balance: $8,647,000
balance: $54,160,260

No comments:

Post a Comment